Barbara Stopford (nee Bould) was active in the Anglican Young Peoples Association (A.Y.P.A.) in the 1940's, serving on the Vancouver West Deanery Council and the B.C. Provincial Council. The A.Y.P.A. society was founded by Rev. Canon Brown in 1903. The purpose of the organization was to promote religious, social and intellectual welfare of the youth. The affairs of the association were administered by the Dominion Council represented by Provincial Councils in all provinces. The Provincial Councils worked in close relationship with parishes through actions initiated and fulfilled by various branches. The badge of the A.Y.P.A, worn by members, was in a shield shape with Chi Rho, the first two letters for the Christ's name in Greek, on its face. As an active member of the A.Y.P.A. at the provincial level, Barbara Stopford held the position of Promotion and Extension Convenor (1946-1948) and attended the local, provincial and Dominion conferences.