Mostrar 1507 resultados

Authority record

All Saints' Parish (Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-CP-0.19
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1904-1970

Opened in 1904, All Saints' Parish was combined with St. Saviour's Parish in 1970, becoming St. David's Parish.

St. John the Evangelist Parish (Whonnock, B.C.)

  • A-403
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1891-2009

Originally named St. Paul, the church was renamed St. John the Evangelist in 1921. Services were begun in 1891 as part of the Fraser River Missionary District. From ca. 1900 to 1903, Whonnock was connected with St. John the Divine, Maple Ridge, and from 1903 to 1912, it was served from All Saints', Mission. From 1912 until 1918, it formed a separate parish, during which time services were also begun at Ruskin and Stave Falls. It was placed under Maple Ridge again, from 1918 until ca. 1963, at which time, it was paired with St. George, Haney. By 1977 Whonnock was being served from All Saints', Mission. In order to avoid confusion with nearby parishes also named after St. John, the parish decided to rename itself "Church of the Holy Spirit" in [date]

Church of the Holy Spirit Parish (Whonnock, B.C.)

  • A-403
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1891-

Originally named St. Paul, the church was renamed St. John the Evangelist in 1921. Services were begun in 1891 as part of the Fraser River Missionary District. From ca. 1900 to 1903, Whonnock was connected with St. John the Divine, Maple Ridge, and from 1903 to 1912, it was served from All Saints', Mission. From 1912 until 1918, it formed a separate parish, during which time services were also begun at Ruskin and Stave Falls. It was placed under Maple Ridge again, from 1918 until ca. 1963, at which time, it was paired with St. George, Haney. By 1977 Whonnock was being served from All Saints', Mission. In order to avoid confusion with nearby parishes also named after St. John, the parish decided to rename itself "Church of the Holy Spirit" in 2008.

Holy Trinity Parish (White Rock, B.C.)

  • A-402
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1921-

The parish of White Rock was formed in 1928 from the division of the parish of Christ Church, Surrey Centre. The centre of the parish was Holy Trinity, WHite Rock and also included the congregations of St. Matthew's, Halls Prairie and Crescent Union Church. Holy Trinity opened in 1921. St. Matthew's opened in 1913 and Crescent Union Church was formed ca. 1924. The Anglican members of the Union congregation built a separate Anglican church in 1931, calling it Church of the Ascension. The latter was formed into a separate parish in 1`953. Services ceased at Halls Prairie in 1959 and the church officially closed in 1965. Since then the parish has consisted solely of Holy Trinity, White Rock.

St. Stephen's Parish (West Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-401
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1913-

St. Stephen's was established in 1913 as the first Anglican parish in West Vancouver. New areas of ministry were established in Caulfeild, where St. Francis-in-the-Wood Church was opened in 1928, and in Whytecliff in 1941, which later developed into St. Monica's Parish. Both these areas were separated from the work of the incumbent of St. Stephen's in 1946.

St. Monica's Parish (Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-400
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1941-2013

Initial activity began in 1941 with the formation of the Whytecliff Anglican Women's Guild in affiliation with the parish of St. Stephen's with St. Francis-in-the-Woods, West Vancouver. St. Stephen's and St. Francis were divided in 1946 between two incumbents and the Whytecliff guild continued as part of the latter. The parish was formed in 1951 and in 1955 was detached from the ministry of St. Francis. In 1973 the parish united with St. Matthew's United Church, West Vancouver, retaining affiliations with both the larger Anglican and United Church bodies.

British Columbia Anglican Youth Movement

  • A-4
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1932-

Formerly called the Anglican Young Peoples Association (A.Y.P.A.), a B.C. Provincial Council was formed in 1932. After national restructuring in 1967 the organization was renamed the British Columbia Anglican Youth Movement (BCAYM). The organization has seldom had a central office; rather, administrative activities and record keeping have been dispersed across the Ecclesiastical Province. Key activities which have brought Anglican youth together have been annual conferences, summer projects and the publication of newsletters. Since about 1974 the BCAYM has published the newsletter, "Logos".

St. Christopher's Parish (West Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-399a
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1941-

Anglican services were being held in the West Vancouver area from early times, but it was not until 1945 under the guidance of Bishop Heathcote that a new parish was to be created and named St. Christopher's at the suggestion of the beloved pianist Mrs. Snelgrove. Plans for a new hall were immediately begun and campaign for funds was launched in 1946. The hall was build tin 1947 and was dedicated May 31, 1949. The parish was incorporated in 1955 and the cornerstone for the church was laid in January of 1956. The church was dedicated in May of the same year. By 1960, extensive alterations and improvements to the building had been carried out and the parish was dedicated October 17, 1965.

St. Francis-in-the-Wood Parish (Caulfeild, West Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-399
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1928-

St. Francis-in-the-Wood, Caulfeild was established in 1928 in connection with St. Stephen's, West Vancouver. From 1946 to 1953, St. Francis was paired with St. Christopher's, West Vancouver. The parishes of St. Francis and St. Christopher's were divided in 1953. St. Monica's, Horseshoe Bay which was included in the earlier parish, continued together with St. Francis until 1955.

St. Timothy's Mission (Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-398
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1955-1971

St. Timothy's Mission (also called St. Timothy's, Fraserview) was established in 1955 as a branch of St. Luke's Parish. The parish closed in 1971 with the parishioners joining St. Thomas' Parish.

Resultados 11 a 20 de 1507