Mostrando 137 resultados

Authority record
Entidade coletiva

Thompson River Deanery

  • A-218
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1919-1975

Two rural deaneries were formed at the inaugural Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo in 1914: the Rural Deanery of Kamloops and the Rural Deanery of Quesnel. These were reorganized and renamed by 1929; Kamloops became the Rural Deanery of Cariboo South. In 1934 the rural deaneries were replaced by archdeaconries; the Cariboo South deanery being recast as the Archdeaconry of Kamloops. By 1939 the rural deaneries were revived; the Thompson River Deanery replacing the Archdeaconry of Kamloops. In 1975 the two rural deaneries were replaced by three regions: Cariboo, South Rivers and Kamloops.

Fraser River Deanery

  • A-216
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1929-1970

Two deaneries were formed at the inaugural Synod of the Diocese in 1914: the Rural Deanery of Kamloops and the Rural Deanery of Quesnel. These were reorganized and renamed by 1929; Quesnel became the Rural Deanery of Cariboo North. In 1934 the rural deaneries were replaced by archdeaconries; Cariboo North became the Archdeaconry of Prince George. By 1939 the rural deaneries were revived; the Fraser River Deanery was formed from the Archdeaconry of Prince George. In 1975 the two rural deaneries were replaced by three regions: Cariboo, South Rivers and Kamloops.

Kamloops Regional Deanery

  • A-217
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1975-

The Kamloops Regional Deanery was formed in 1975, and later became the Kamloops South Rivers REgion, encompassing Ashcroft, Barriere, Kamloops, Lillooet, Logan Lake, Lytton, Merritt, Scw'exmx, Monte Creek, and Savona.

Camp Puntchesakut (Quesnel, B.C.)

  • A-201
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1957-

Operated by the Diocese of Cariboo Camp Committee, Camp Puntchesakut was started in 1957 at Lake Puntchesakut, near Quesnel.

Cariboo Courier

  • A-202
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1950-1951

The Cariboo Courier was a diocesan newspaper started by Rev. John L. Clark, vicar at St. Alban, Ashcroft. The paper was short-lived, producing only one issue in 1951.

Cariboo Home Society (Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-203
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1965-

Incorporated in 1965 following an initiative of the Diocesan Council for Social Service, the Society operates the Marion Hilliard Home, a home for unmarried mothers in Kamloops which was opened in 1967 and closed in 2003.

Church of Cleopas Parish (Westsyde, Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-220
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1965-

The Church of Cleopas began in the early 1960's, although the community of Westsyde had been included as early as the 1920's in the Thompson River Mission (now North Thompson Mission). The parish briefly included St. Hilda's, Savona until about 1966.

Robson Valley Mission (B.C.)

  • A-234
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1914-

McBride was selected as the site of a new parish and church in 1914 as it was a divisional point in the Grand Trunk Pacific Railroad, then in the process of being completed. Around 1927 a new mission, called the Upper Fraser Mission, was established with its centre point at McBride and embracing the area between Prince George and Red Pass Junction. The Upper Fraser Mission included several communities in its ministry over the years. Some points in the mission have also been served from Prince George or the North Thompson Mission, including Valemount which was added around 1960 from the North Thompson Mission. By 1991 the mission was a shared ministry with the United Church and is now called Robson Valley. Robson Valley currently includes two congregations: All Saints, McBride and Christ Church, Valemount.

St. George's Parish (North Kamloops, Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-221
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1927-

Founded in 1927 as part of the Thompson River Mission (now North Thompson Mission), St. George's, North Kamloops became a separate parish in 1936. The parish was united with the North Thompson Mission from about 1942 to 1956. Several smaller surrounding communities were also served from St. George's, including Barnhartvale, Brocklehurst, Savona, Tranquille and others.

St. Paul's Cathedral Parish (Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-223
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1884-

St. Paul's began as the headquarters of the Kamloops Missionary District which was established in 1884. This field of activity included all points south of Kamloops to the international boundary and east to the Rocky Mountains, as well as Ashcroft and the Nicola Valley. By 1892 the Kamloops Missionary District had been divided, creating four new missions: Ashcroft and Nicola; the Okanagan Missionary District, including Enderby, Vernon and Penticton; Donald and Golden Missionary District; and Kootenay (or Nelson) Missionary District. By 1917, with the removal of the Thompson River Mission into a separate pastoral responsibility, St. Paul's became a single congregation urban parish. In 1935 Bishop George Wells designated Kamloops the See City and St. Paul's Church the Cathedral. St. Paul's was also responsible for services at St. Peter's, Monte Creek from 1966 until the mid-1970's.

Resultados 21 a 30 de 137