- Corporate body
Anglican ministry in Vancouver's Shaughnessy neighbourhood began at St. John's Hall on a lot adjacent to the See House at Granville and Nanton in 1926. The parish was incorporated in 1932 and put an addition on the parish hall in the same year. The first sod was broken for a church of St. John's as a permanent memorial to the Second World War fallen on November 15, 1948. The building was dedicated in May of 1949, and the new parish hall in 1956.