Showing 1505 results

Authority record

Holy Trinity Parish (Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-379
  • Corporate body
  • 1899-

Since its beginning as a suburban church in 1899, Holy Trinity has grown with the Fairview neighbourhood of Vancouver from Pine to Hemlock. From 1912 to 1993, the church was located at 10th and Pine. Congregational growth in the late 1980s led to the decision to move into a larger facility. The historic (1911) Chalmers United site at 12th and Hemlock became Holy Trinity’s new home in 1994.

St. David's Parish (Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-377
  • Corporate body
  • 1970-2014

The parish of St. David, Vancouver was created out of the merging of the former parishes of All Saints, Vancouver and St. Saviour's Vancouver in 1970. The parish continued its ministry in East Vancouver until the parish voted to close and did so in February of 2014.

St. Oswald's Parish (Port Kells, Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-376
  • Corporate body
  • 1911-

St. Oswald's, Port Kells opened ca. 1911 in connection with the new parish of St. Helen's, South Westminster. By 1921 and until 1932 Port Kells was served from the parish of Langley. During the remainder of the 1930's the congregation was connected again with St. Helen's, South Westminster together with Cloverdale and Latimer Heights. By the 1940's and until 1960 Port Kells was incorporated into the parish of North Surrey (renamed parish of Mid-Surrey in 1959) which included Cloverdale, Surrey Centre and Latimer Heights. By 1961 the parish of Mid-Surrey had been subdivided into three, leaving Port Kells paired with the Church of the Good Shepherd, Latimer Heights. The latter closed in 1964 while Port Kells was transferred to the care of St. George's, Fort Langley. By 1973 it was associated with the Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdale which in 1973 amalgamated with Christ Church, Surrey Centre. St. Oswald's continued as part of this new entity until 1988 when it received its own incumbent.

St. Michael's Parish (Colebrook, Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-375
  • Corporate body
  • 1959-

St. Michael's, Colebrook began in 1959 in association with St. Asaph's, Johnston Heights. In 1962 it was paired together with St. Cuthbert's, North Delta. In 1969 they were separated.

St. Mark's Parish (Ocean Park, Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-374
  • Corporate body
  • 1924-

Anglican parish work began ca. 1924 as part of the Crescent Union Church, together with the United Church. This congregation formed part of the parish of Surrey Centre until it was divided off in 1928 along with Holy Trinity, White Rock and St. Matthew's, Halls Prairie as the parish of White Rock. In 1931 a separate Anglican church, named Church of the Ascension, was opened. In 1953 the Church of the Ascension became a separate parish. St. Mark, Ocean Park was opened in connection with the parish in 1966 resulting in a new name, Parish of St. Mark with Church of the Ascension. In 1973 services ceased in the Crescent Beach church. In 1988 the parish changed its name to St. Mark, Ocean Park.

St. Helen's Parish (South Westminster, Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-373
  • Corporate body
  • 1911-

St. Helen's, South Westminster (or Southminster) was established as the second parish in Surrey in 1911. Due to the generosity of a donor, churches were soon built at three points in the parish: St. Helen's in South Westminster, St. Oswald's in Port Kells, and St. Aidan's in Tynehead. The latter church closed in 1918 while St. Oswald's was served from the parish of Langley from 1921 until 1932. During the rest of the 1930's, St. Helen's, South Westminster was included with Cloverdale, Port Kells and Latimer Heights congregations. The 1950's saw an expansion in the parish. In 1951 a new mission church was built in the parish at Whalley, named St. Thomas, which was subsequently formed into a separate parish in 1953 and in 1959 St. Helen's established the new parish of St. Cuthbert's, North Delta.

Church of the Good Shepherd (Latimer Heights, Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-372
  • Corporate body
  • 1941-1963

Services were begun in the 1930's in Latimer Heights in connection with St. Helen's, South Westminster with Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdale and St. Oswald's, Port Kells. By the 1940's Latimer Heights had been incorporated into the parish of North Surrey (renamed parish of Mid-Surrey in 1959) along with Surrey Centre, Cloverdale and Port Kells. By 1961 the parish of Mid-Surrey was divided into three, leaving Port Kells and Latimer Heights paired together. The Church of the Good Shepherd closed in 1964 while Port Kells was placed in the charge of St. George's, Fort Langley.

Results 41 to 50 of 1505