Affichage de 137 résultats

Authority record
Collectivité

Camp Parker

  • Collectivité

See Guide # 286 Parish #

St. Simon's Parish (Deep Cove, North Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-362
  • Collectivité
  • 1948-2010

Anglican parish work commenced in Deep Cove during the 1940's. Many years later [ca. 2000's] a parish priest and group of parisioners left the parish due to theological differences with the diocese. The new parish priest and parishioners petioned to have the parish name changed. The diocesan bishop agreed and the parish became St. Clare-in-the-Cove in 2007. That parish closed in 2010.

St. Mary's Parish (Lillooet B.C.) fonds

  • A-224.01
  • Collectivité
  • 1860-

The earliest church in Cariboo, St. Mary the Virgin Church opened in Lillooet in 1861. For many years it formed a part of the larger Lytton Mission. By 1919 a resident clergyman had been stationed there having responsibility for Clinton and the southern Chilcotin district as well. In 1929 Clinton and the surrounding district was set apart as the Bonaparte Mission District. Also by 1929 the communities Bridge River and Pemberton (within the boundaries of the Diocese of New Westminster, transferred there in 1936) had been added while Bralorne, Goldbridge, Pavilion, Pioneer Mine and others were added during the 1930's. Around 1937 the Goldbridge Mission was formed which removed Goldbridge, Bralorne, Minto and Pioneer from the care of Lillooet parish. By 1947 Lillooet was included in the ministry of the Lytton White Mission. Around 1960 it was reformed as a parish including the communities in the former Goldbridge Mission. By 1972 the mining community of Bralorne had closed and the church at Lillooet was sold. After being revived as a congregation in 1975, the Lillooet congregation was eventually included again in the Lytton White Mission (or St. Barnabas, Lytton). Since about 1988 a shared ministry has been conducted with the United Church of Canada.

See Guide # 224.01

Includes: Bralorne, Bridger River, Clinton, Lone Butte, Pavilion, Pemberton, Pioneer Mine, Steon Lake, Shalath, Watson Bar

St. Michael's Parish (Merritt, B.C.)

  • A-227
  • Collectivité
  • 1907-

Established in 1907, St. Michael's Merritt was combined with St. John's, Nicola and CAnford into one parish in 1914. Other points served have included Brookemere, Mamette Lake and Spences Bridge. Since 1986 Merritt and Shulus have been combined into the Nicola Valley Pastoral Zone, a venture in a joint pastoral ministry. It continues to operate as a separate parish.

St. Mary the Virgin Parish (Lillooet, B.C.)

  • A-224
  • Collectivité
  • 1860-

The earliest church in Cariboo, St. Mary the Virgin Church opened in Lillooet in 1861. For many years it formed a part of the larger Lytton Mission. By 1919 a resident clergyman has been stationed there having responsibility for Clintonand the southern Chilcoten district as well. In 1929 Clinton and surrounding district was set apart as the Bonaparte Mission District. Also by 1929 the communities of Bridge River and Pemberton had been added while Bralorne, Goldbridge, Pavilion, Pioneer Mine and others were added during the 1930's. In 1936 Pemberton was transferred to the Diocese of New Westminster as the church was actually located within the boundaries of that diocese. Around 1937 the Goldbridge Mission was formed which removed Goldbridge, Bralorne, Minto and Pioneer from the care of Lillooet. Bu 1947 Lillooett was included in the ministry of the Lytton White Missio, and around 1960 it was re-formed as a parish including the communities in the former Goldbridge Mission. By 1972 the mining community of Bralorne had closedand the church at Lillooet was sold. After being revived as a congregation in 1975, the congregation was eventually included again in the Lytton Mission. Since 1988 a shared ministry has existed with the United Church of Canada.

North Thompson Mission (B.C.)

  • A-229
  • Collectivité
  • 1915-1984

Originally called the Kamloops Missions and served with St. Paul's, Kamloops, the name was changed to the Thompson River Mission in 1917. The mission at one time embraced more than twenty-five small communities in the environs of Kamloops and the North Thompson River valley. Churches were built and dedicated ca. 1915 at Savona (St. Hilda) and at Goose Lake (St. Peter). In 1927 St. George's Church was opened in North Kamloops. From about 1930 to 1935 the mission was divided into north and south districts. In 1936, St. George's, North Kamloops was separated into a new parish embracing the southern points while the Thompson River Mission continued as the North Thompson Mission. The two parishes were united from about 1942 to 1956. Currently the North Thompson Mission includes four congregations: Church of the Redeemer, Barriere; Church of St. John and St. Paul, Birch Island; Cahilty; and St. Stephen's, Little Fort.

Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo Archives

  • A-206/207
  • Collectivité
  • 1914-

The Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo began collecting its own records at the time that the Diocese was formed from the division of the Diocese of New Westminster in 1914. At that time, records pertaining to the newly formed Diocese of Cariboo were sent from the Registrar of the Diocese of New Westminster to that of the Diocese of Cariboo. The records were cared for by various diocesan officials. Bishop Jim Cruikshank later appointed Ms. Joan Newman to be Diocesan Archivist, and she remained archivist until the Diocese ceased its operations and the records were transferred to the Provincial Synod Archives in 2003.

All Saints' Parish (Shulus, B.C.)

  • A-236
  • Collectivité
  • 1917-

Originally served within the Lytton Indian Mission, Shulus had been separated into an independent Indian mission by 1920. From Shulus various other congregations and communities have been served. Currently, the parish includes St. Philip's, Canford; St. Catherine's, 14 Mile House; and St. Michael and All Angels', Spences Bridge. Previously, congregations at Pokhaist, Toketi, Cornwall and others have been included in the parish's ministry. Since 1986 Shulus and Merritt have been joined together as the Nicola Valley Pastoral Zone, a venture in a joint pastoral ministry in charge of one priest. It was later combined to become the Scw'exmx Anglican Parish.

Anglican Church Women - Diocese of Cariboo Board

  • A-199
  • Collectivité
  • 1931-1971

A diocesan branch of the Woman's Auxiliary (later Anglican Church Women) was formed in 1926. The Diocesan Board was dissolved in 1971.

Résultats 11 à 20 sur 137