Mostrando 1507 resultados

Authority record

Holy Trinity Parish (White Rock, B.C.)

  • A-402
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1921-

The parish of White Rock was formed in 1928 from the division of the parish of Christ Church, Surrey Centre. The centre of the parish was Holy Trinity, WHite Rock and also included the congregations of St. Matthew's, Halls Prairie and Crescent Union Church. Holy Trinity opened in 1921. St. Matthew's opened in 1913 and Crescent Union Church was formed ca. 1924. The Anglican members of the Union congregation built a separate Anglican church in 1931, calling it Church of the Ascension. The latter was formed into a separate parish in 1`953. Services ceased at Halls Prairie in 1959 and the church officially closed in 1965. Since then the parish has consisted solely of Holy Trinity, White Rock.

Christ the Redeemer Parish (Surrey, B.C.)

  • A-371
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1885-

Christ the Redeemer parish, as it currently exists, was created in 1973 from the amalgamation of the congregations of Christ Church, Surrey Centre and Church of the REdeemer, Cloverdale. The amalgamated congregation and parish continued to be called Christ Church until 1989 when it was renamed Christ the Redeemer. The two merging congregations, however, had a longer and intertwined history, progressing from a rural parish of farming communities to a suburban parish. Surrey Centre was the point at which parochial work was begun in Surrey in 1881 and where Christ Church was opened in 1884. the parish was coextensive with the municipality of Surrey, which at the time also included White Rock. St. George's, Nicomekl was the second church built in the parish; it opened in 1900 and closed in 1917. In 1911 the parish was divided, resulting in the creation of the new parish of St. Helen's, South Westminster. The parish of Surrey Centre continued to provide services at Nicomekl, Halls Prairie (where St. Matthew's opened in 1913), Kensington Prairie and other points. By 1920 work had also been initiated in White Rock, where Holyd Trinity church opened in 1921. By 1925 two new points had been had been added:Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdale (opened in 1925) and the Crescent Union Church (later Church of the Ascension) at Crescent Beach. In 1928 a second division of the parish occurred with White Rock being separated into a new parish together with the Halls Prairie and Crescent congregations. During the 1930's Christ Church, Surrey Centre was served together with the parish of Langley while Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdael was linked up with St. Helen's, South Westminster and the Port Kells and Latimer Heights congregations. From the 1940's until 1960 the Surrey Centre, Cloverdale, Port Kells and Latimer Heights congregations were grouped together in the the parish of North Surrey (renamed Mid-Surrey in 1959). By 1961 the parish of Mid-Surrey was subdivided into three parishes:Christ Church, Surrey Centre; Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdale; and St. Oswald, Port Kells with Church of the Good Shepherd, Latimer Heights. St. Oswald's was linked up with Cloverdale by 1973 and continued as part of the amalgamated parish until 1988 when it received its own incumbent.

St. David and St. Paul Parish (Powell River, B.C.)

  • A-366
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1921-

The parish of St. Paul was organized in 1921; Powell River having previously been served by the Columbia Coast Mission. Other congregations were established at Westview in the early 1930's, later known as St. David's and at Cranberry Lake, called St. Hugh's (inactive by 1973). St. David's, Westview became a separate parish in 1949 and included missions at Grief Point and Lang Bay. In 1980 St. David's and St. Paul's became one parish again.

St. James the Less Parish (New Westminster, B.C.)

  • A-CP-0.30
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1941-1977

St. James the Less Parish began as a mission of St. Barnabas' Parish, New Westminster in 1946. By 1959 it was a separate parish. The parish closed in 1977.

Sillitoe, Acton Windeyer, 1840-1894 fonds

  • A-316
  • Persona
  • 1840-1934

A. W. Sillitoe was the first Bishop of New Westminster (1879-1894). Born in 1840 at Sydney, Australia, educated at Cambridge, England, chaplain to the British legation at Darmstadt and tutor to the Princess Alice, A.W. Sillitoe was called in the prime of his life (at the age of 39) to organize the Anglican communities on the British Columbia Lower Mainland and the southern interior. His wife, Violet E. Sillitoe, assisted and accompanied him during hard journeys throughout the province and played a vital role for Christianity in the coast's pioneer days. Violet, beloved through the province, died in 1934, in Vancouver

St. Jude's Anglican Home (Vancouver, B.C.)

  • A-300
  • Entidade coletiva
  • 1948-

Established in 1948 in Vancouver as a home for elderly women. Since 1978 the scope of care offered by St. Jude's has been extended to long-term care as well as including elderly men.

Murphy, Maud, 1902-1988

  • A-314
  • Persona

Maud Murphy, from Tara, Ontario, travelled to the Okanagan Valley, working there with the Sunday School Caravan Mission as driver and mechanic during the summer of 1929.

Fort Langley Deanery

  • A-324
  • Entidade coletiva

Created in 1963 from division of Yale Deanery. Dissolved in 1971.

Resultados 1451 a 1460 de 1507