Showing 1507 results

Authority record

Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo Archives

  • A-206/207
  • Instelling
  • 1914-

The Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo began collecting its own records at the time that the Diocese was formed from the division of the Diocese of New Westminster in 1914. At that time, records pertaining to the newly formed Diocese of Cariboo were sent from the Registrar of the Diocese of New Westminster to that of the Diocese of Cariboo. The records were cared for by various diocesan officials. Bishop Jim Cruikshank later appointed Ms. Joan Newman to be Diocesan Archivist, and she remained archivist until the Diocese ceased its operations and the records were transferred to the Provincial Synod Archives in 2003.

Jolley, The Rev. James Charles

  • A-211
  • Persoon
  • 1909-1976

James Charles Jolley assumed the position of rector of St. Paul's Cathedral, Kamloops in 1950. In 1958 he was appointed Dean of Cariboo. He resigned from St. Paul's in 1970, retaining the title of Dean Emeritus until his death in 1976.

Lett, The Rev. Adam Ralph

  • A-212
  • Persoon
  • 1888-1960

Adam Lett was principal of St. George's Indian Residential School, Lytton from 1921 to 1941.

McCormick, John Miller

  • A-214
  • Persoon
  • 1884-1957

Nicknamed "Mack the Sky Pilot", John Miller McCormick became Superintendent of the Church Camp Mission of the Navvy Mission Society in cooperation with the Missionary Society of the Canadian Church (M.S.C.C.) in 1909. This position involved travelling to railroad construction, lumber and mining camps as a missionary. From 1919 until 1926 he worked as Publicity Director for the Industrial Christian Fellowship (formerly the Navvy Mission Society) which involved making public lecture tours and crusades in England. After a break from service in the Church, McCormick worked in unemployment camps in the Diocese of New Westminster before transferring to the Diocese of Cariboo in 1932, working there and also in the Diocese of Caledonia in parish work.

Fraser River Deanery

  • A-216
  • Instelling
  • 1929-1970

Two deaneries were formed at the inaugural Synod of the Diocese in 1914: the Rural Deanery of Kamloops and the Rural Deanery of Quesnel. These were reorganized and renamed by 1929; Quesnel became the Rural Deanery of Cariboo North. In 1934 the rural deaneries were replaced by archdeaconries; Cariboo North became the Archdeaconry of Prince George. By 1939 the rural deaneries were revived; the Fraser River Deanery was formed from the Archdeaconry of Prince George. In 1975 the two rural deaneries were replaced by three regions: Cariboo, South Rivers and Kamloops.

Kamloops Regional Deanery

  • A-217
  • Instelling
  • 1975-

The Kamloops Regional Deanery was formed in 1975, and later became the Kamloops South Rivers REgion, encompassing Ashcroft, Barriere, Kamloops, Lillooet, Logan Lake, Lytton, Merritt, Scw'exmx, Monte Creek, and Savona.

Thompson River Deanery

  • A-218
  • Instelling
  • 1919-1975

Two rural deaneries were formed at the inaugural Synod of the Diocese of Cariboo in 1914: the Rural Deanery of Kamloops and the Rural Deanery of Quesnel. These were reorganized and renamed by 1929; Kamloops became the Rural Deanery of Cariboo South. In 1934 the rural deaneries were replaced by archdeaconries; the Cariboo South deanery being recast as the Archdeaconry of Kamloops. By 1939 the rural deaneries were revived; the Thompson River Deanery replacing the Archdeaconry of Kamloops. In 1975 the two rural deaneries were replaced by three regions: Cariboo, South Rivers and Kamloops.

St. Alban's Parish (Ashcroft, B.C.)

  • A-219.01
  • Instelling
  • 1891-

St. Alban's Church opened in 1891. Ashcroft was established as a separate parish by 1892, having previously been a part of the Kamloops Missionary District. Initially the parish included Nicola, Clinton and Revelstoke in its ministry. Around 1896 Revelstoke was made into a separate charge. The parish has embraced various other communities in its ministry through the years. By 1950 the parishes of Ashcroft and Clinton, with associated points, had been joined together. By 1963 they were again separate, although until ca. 1975, when Clinton was transferred to 100 Mile House Mission, they were mostly served by one priest. During the 1970's St. Alban's, Ashcroft also became responsible for the new congregation at Logan Lake and for St. John at the Latin Gate Church, Cornwall and the Toketi congregation which were previously under the Shulus Indian Mission. By 1987 Logan Lake had become a separate ministry while St. Christopher, Clinton had been placed again under Ashcroft. The parish currently includes Cornwall, Toketi and Clinton.

Church of Cleopas Parish (Westsyde, Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-220
  • Instelling
  • 1965-

The Church of Cleopas began in the early 1960's, although the community of Westsyde had been included as early as the 1920's in the Thompson River Mission (now North Thompson Mission). The parish briefly included St. Hilda's, Savona until about 1966.

St. George's Parish (North Kamloops, Kamloops, B.C.)

  • A-221
  • Instelling
  • 1927-

Founded in 1927 as part of the Thompson River Mission (now North Thompson Mission), St. George's, North Kamloops became a separate parish in 1936. The parish was united with the North Thompson Mission from about 1942 to 1956. Several smaller surrounding communities were also served from St. George's, including Barnhartvale, Brocklehurst, Savona, Tranquille and others.

Resultaten 11 tot 20 van 1507