Fonds F-352a - All Saints' Parish (Mission, B.C.) fonds

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All Saints' Parish (Mission, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AADNW F-352a

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1902-1991 (Creation)
    Creator
    All Saints' Parish (Mission, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

64 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1901-)

Administrative history

The parish of All Saints, Mission was formed in 1901, with first services held November 10, 1901. The church was consecrated April 20th, 1902. The first service was held in Mission Ciry with the view of forming a parish which would embrace Mission City, Hatzic, Matsqui, Abbotsford and Whonnock. Subsequently Abbotsford and all the territory south of the Fraser River was set apart as a new parish, and Whonnock and territory west of the river was set apart as a new parish. Each of these were originally stations of the Fraser River Mission. The parish experienced difficulties during the WWI years as many parishioners enlisted and were lost in the war. However throughout the depression years and WWII the parish grew. A new, larger curch was built, consecrated and dedicated in October of 1947.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers (baptisms, confirmations, marriages, burials), service registers (vestry books), annual reports and parochial statistics, financial statements and account books, deed of land (1913), church committee minutes and reports, pew leaflets, correspondence, Women's Auxiliary records, parish history and architectural plans.

Fonds includes records of St. Peter, Mancroft Hatzic, St. Stephen, DeRoche, St. John, Whonnock

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Records are subject to BC PIPA

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

All Saints, Mission did not appear in the 1993 Guide to the Holdings of the Archives... or legacy InMagic database. Because of its relationship to the Fraser Valley Missionary District and St. John the Divine, Maple Ridge, it was given the number A-352A/F352a. This number is not to suggest that it has any current hierarchical relationship to the parish of St. John the Divine, Maple Ridge.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area