Holy Trinity Parish (White Rock, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Holy Trinity Parish (White Rock, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1921-

History

The parish of White Rock was formed in 1928 from the division of the parish of Christ Church, Surrey Centre. The centre of the parish was Holy Trinity, WHite Rock and also included the congregations of St. Matthew's, Halls Prairie and Crescent Union Church. Holy Trinity opened in 1921. St. Matthew's opened in 1913 and Crescent Union Church was formed ca. 1924. The Anglican members of the Union congregation built a separate Anglican church in 1931, calling it Church of the Ascension. The latter was formed into a separate parish in 1`953. Services ceased at Halls Prairie in 1959 and the church officially closed in 1965. Since then the parish has consisted solely of Holy Trinity, White Rock.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

A-402

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places