Item AD 311 - Mission House

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Mission House

General material designation

  • Architectural drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

AADC F-225-AD 311

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1966 (Creation)
    Creator
    Lytton Indian Mission (Lytton, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

architectural drawings: basement floor plan

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1867-)

Administrative history

Established by missionary John Booth Good in 1867, the Lytton Mission initially served both Indians and whites. The mission's extent until the 1910's included the Fraser River valley from Spuzzum to Lillooet, the Thompson River valley from Lytton to Ashcroft, and the Nicola Valley. Shulus and Lillooet were created into separate parishes by 1920. Separate white and Indian congregations were established in the parish and in 1934 the mission was divided into the Lytton Indian Mission, centred at the Church of St. Mary and St. Paul in Lytton, and the Lytton White Mission, centred at St. Barnabas Church, Lytton. Since then, periodically, the parishes have been united under the ministry of one priest. Currently the mission includes St. George, 2 Mile; St. Andrew, Boothroyd; Holy Trinity, Kanaka Bar; St. Thomas, 30 Mile House; St. Gabriel, Nitlickpam; and congregations at Nicomen, N'Kyia and 25 Mile. Churches no longer represented include St. Augustine, Nyshakup; St. David, Staiyn; Christ Church, Spuzzum; and St. Giles, Inkahtsaph.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Item consists of basement floor plan

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Guide #:

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Data entry data: 14/04/09 11:54
Data entry by: BM

Alpha-numeric designations

Inmagic identifier: 2142
Item note: AD 311

Physical description

Pieces: 2

Conservation

tape

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Physical storage

  • Box: Roll Stand 2 - 20