North Thompson Mission (B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

North Thompson Mission (B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1915-1984

History

Originally called the Kamloops Missions and served with St. Paul's, Kamloops, the name was changed to the Thompson River Mission in 1917. The mission at one time embraced more than twenty-five small communities in the environs of Kamloops and the North Thompson River valley. Churches were built and dedicated ca. 1915 at Savona (St. Hilda) and at Goose Lake (St. Peter). In 1927 St. George's Church was opened in North Kamloops. From about 1930 to 1935 the mission was divided into north and south districts. In 1936, St. George's, North Kamloops was separated into a new parish embracing the southern points while the Thompson River Mission continued as the North Thompson Mission. The two parishes were united from about 1942 to 1956. Currently the North Thompson Mission includes four congregations: Church of the Redeemer, Barriere; Church of St. John and St. Paul, Birch Island; Cahilty; and St. Stephen's, Little Fort.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

A-229

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places