Fondo - St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Open original Digital object

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Tipo general de material

  • Textual record

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

Nivel de descripción

Fondo

Código de referencia

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1910-1987 (Criação)
    Produtor
    St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.)

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

  • 133.0 cm of textual records
  • 16 photographs

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

(1909-)

Historia administrativa

St. Agnes' Church, North Vancouver came into existence in 1909 from the division of St. John the Evangelist Parish. The Executive Committee of the Diocese of New Westminster appointed the Rev. H.H. Gillies as first Priest-in-Charge to conduct the work along with the Lynn Valley Mission. In 1910 the church committee was elected and collectors appointed to raise the necessary funds to cover the purchase cost of a property for a future church. A Sunday School was established in 1911. Until 1913, the parish did not possess a church on its own, the Parish Hall serving this purpose. During World War One, many men of the congregation left for the front line. Consequently the parish was confronted with financial difficulties and it was decided to associate it with St. Clement's Parish. The two parishes separated in 1926. At that time, the St. Agnes' parish had grown to such an extent that it was considered opportune to become a separate parish with a Rector on its own. In 1927, the building of a Parish Hall became more and more needful. The church was moved to make room for the hall to be built behind the church, so as not to obstruct the view of the Church. On April 1928, the Church was officially opened by Archbishop A.U. de Pencier. Despite the hard times during the depression period, the parish tried to reduce its financial debts. In 1940, thanks to the organizations and individual parishioners contributions, the parish was free of debts. In 1974, together with the reorganization of the parish structure, it was decided to purchase of Rectory. The purchase was completed the same year. During the following years St. Agnes' church focused mainly on community outreach activities via study groups, and Christian education. Lay people became more and more involved in parish life; the attendance figures increased steadily. In 1985, St. Agnes' Parish celebrated the 75th Anniversary. Considered as one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese, St. Agnes' Church continuously encouraged people to take part in some aspects of the church's life through various parish groups and organizations such as: Anglican Christian Women, Family Life group, Women's and Altar Guild.

Historial de custodia

Alcance y contenido

Fonds consists of certificate of incorporation, vital statistics records, service registers, vestry records, church committee records, worship records, parish organizations records, parish publications, historical reference material, and non-textual records. Includes certificate of incorporation (1978); Parish registers including Baptism registers (1910-1943), Baptismal register (1943-1967), Confirmations registers (1913-1945), Marriage registers (1911-1943), Banns of marriage register (1947-1988), Civil marriage registers (1920-1983), Marriage certificates [ca 1922-1980], Burial registers (1912-1949); Service registers (1910-1929, 1930-1990); vestry minutes and reports (1910-1959, 1966-1982, 1984-1988, 1999), elections and appointments (1972-1986), statistical information (1971-1985), financial statements (1978-1979, 1982-1986); committee minutes together with monthly and annual reports (1910-1986) and parish council minutes (1987-1993), financial records (1912-1924, 1938-1951), various committee minutes (1974-1992); worship committee minutes (1985-1990) together with Pew leaflets (1980-1994); A.Y.P.A correspondence (1929-1959) and minutes (1926-1930), Men's Club minutes (1929-1934), Women's Guild minutes books (1932-1989), Women's Auxiliary minutes (1912-1980), Girl's Auxiliary minutes (1948-1964), Church School committee minutes (1980-1987); issues of various news letters and parish magazines [ca.1976-2000]; manuscript historical notes and printed documentation; graphic material.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

Arreglo

Idioma del material

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

Guide #:

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

Nota general

Title based on fonds contents.
Parish registers include: baptisms (1910-1943), confirmations (1913-1945), marriages (1911-1943), burials (1912-1945).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54

Alpha-numeric designations

Inmagic identifier: 1720

Conservation

y

Conservation

Service register (1910-1929) is stained and binding and cover in poor condition; 16 photographs taped underneath plastic in scrapbook.

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Identificador de registro de descripción

Identificador de la institución

Reglas o convenciones

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma de descripción

Escritura de la descripción

Fuentes

Digital object (Ejemplar original), área de permisos

Digital object (Referencia), área de permisos

Digital object (Miniatura), área de permisos

Área de Ingreso

Materias relacionadas

Personas y organizaciones relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados

Physical storage

  • Box: D237
  • Box: D238
  • Box: D239
  • Box: D240
  • Box: D241
  • Box: D242
  • Box: D349
  • Box: D350
  • Box: D351
  • Box: D352
  • Box: D364
  • Box: D364a