Fonds - St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Open original Objet numérique

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1910-1987 (Production)
    Producteur
    St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

  • 133.0 cm of textual records
  • 16 photographs

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1909-)

Histoire administrative

St. Agnes' Church, North Vancouver came into existence in 1909 from the division of St. John the Evangelist Parish. The Executive Committee of the Diocese of New Westminster appointed the Rev. H.H. Gillies as first Priest-in-Charge to conduct the work along with the Lynn Valley Mission. In 1910 the church committee was elected and collectors appointed to raise the necessary funds to cover the purchase cost of a property for a future church. A Sunday School was established in 1911. Until 1913, the parish did not possess a church on its own, the Parish Hall serving this purpose. During World War One, many men of the congregation left for the front line. Consequently the parish was confronted with financial difficulties and it was decided to associate it with St. Clement's Parish. The two parishes separated in 1926. At that time, the St. Agnes' parish had grown to such an extent that it was considered opportune to become a separate parish with a Rector on its own. In 1927, the building of a Parish Hall became more and more needful. The church was moved to make room for the hall to be built behind the church, so as not to obstruct the view of the Church. On April 1928, the Church was officially opened by Archbishop A.U. de Pencier. Despite the hard times during the depression period, the parish tried to reduce its financial debts. In 1940, thanks to the organizations and individual parishioners contributions, the parish was free of debts. In 1974, together with the reorganization of the parish structure, it was decided to purchase of Rectory. The purchase was completed the same year. During the following years St. Agnes' church focused mainly on community outreach activities via study groups, and Christian education. Lay people became more and more involved in parish life; the attendance figures increased steadily. In 1985, St. Agnes' Parish celebrated the 75th Anniversary. Considered as one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese, St. Agnes' Church continuously encouraged people to take part in some aspects of the church's life through various parish groups and organizations such as: Anglican Christian Women, Family Life group, Women's and Altar Guild.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Fonds consists of certificate of incorporation, vital statistics records, service registers, vestry records, church committee records, worship records, parish organizations records, parish publications, historical reference material, and non-textual records. Includes certificate of incorporation (1978); Parish registers including Baptism registers (1910-1943), Baptismal register (1943-1967), Confirmations registers (1913-1945), Marriage registers (1911-1943), Banns of marriage register (1947-1988), Civil marriage registers (1920-1983), Marriage certificates [ca 1922-1980], Burial registers (1912-1949); Service registers (1910-1929, 1930-1990); vestry minutes and reports (1910-1959, 1966-1982, 1984-1988, 1999), elections and appointments (1972-1986), statistical information (1971-1985), financial statements (1978-1979, 1982-1986); committee minutes together with monthly and annual reports (1910-1986) and parish council minutes (1987-1993), financial records (1912-1924, 1938-1951), various committee minutes (1974-1992); worship committee minutes (1985-1990) together with Pew leaflets (1980-1994); A.Y.P.A correspondence (1929-1959) and minutes (1926-1930), Men's Club minutes (1929-1934), Women's Guild minutes books (1932-1989), Women's Auxiliary minutes (1912-1980), Girl's Auxiliary minutes (1948-1964), Church School committee minutes (1980-1987); issues of various news letters and parish magazines [ca.1976-2000]; manuscript historical notes and printed documentation; graphic material.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Guide #:

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Note générale

Title based on fonds contents.
Parish registers include: baptisms (1910-1943), confirmations (1913-1945), marriages (1911-1943), burials (1912-1945).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54

Désignations alpha-numériques

Inmagic identifier: 1720

Conservation

y

Conservation

Service register (1910-1929) is stained and binding and cover in poor condition; 16 photographs taped underneath plastic in scrapbook.

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Objet numérique (Fichier maître) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Référence) zone des droits

Objet numérique (Vignette) zone des droits

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés

Objet physique

  • Boîte: D237
  • Boîte: D238
  • Boîte: D239
  • Boîte: D240
  • Boîte: D241
  • Boîte: D242
  • Boîte: D349
  • Boîte: D350
  • Boîte: D351
  • Boîte: D352
  • Boîte: D364
  • Boîte: D364a