Archief - St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Open original Digitaal object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1910-1987 (Vervaardig)
    Vervaardiger
    St. Agnes' Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

  • 133.0 cm of textual records
  • 16 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1909-)

Institutionele geschiedenis

St. Agnes' Church, North Vancouver came into existence in 1909 from the division of St. John the Evangelist Parish. The Executive Committee of the Diocese of New Westminster appointed the Rev. H.H. Gillies as first Priest-in-Charge to conduct the work along with the Lynn Valley Mission. In 1910 the church committee was elected and collectors appointed to raise the necessary funds to cover the purchase cost of a property for a future church. A Sunday School was established in 1911. Until 1913, the parish did not possess a church on its own, the Parish Hall serving this purpose. During World War One, many men of the congregation left for the front line. Consequently the parish was confronted with financial difficulties and it was decided to associate it with St. Clement's Parish. The two parishes separated in 1926. At that time, the St. Agnes' parish had grown to such an extent that it was considered opportune to become a separate parish with a Rector on its own. In 1927, the building of a Parish Hall became more and more needful. The church was moved to make room for the hall to be built behind the church, so as not to obstruct the view of the Church. On April 1928, the Church was officially opened by Archbishop A.U. de Pencier. Despite the hard times during the depression period, the parish tried to reduce its financial debts. In 1940, thanks to the organizations and individual parishioners contributions, the parish was free of debts. In 1974, together with the reorganization of the parish structure, it was decided to purchase of Rectory. The purchase was completed the same year. During the following years St. Agnes' church focused mainly on community outreach activities via study groups, and Christian education. Lay people became more and more involved in parish life; the attendance figures increased steadily. In 1985, St. Agnes' Parish celebrated the 75th Anniversary. Considered as one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese, St. Agnes' Church continuously encouraged people to take part in some aspects of the church's life through various parish groups and organizations such as: Anglican Christian Women, Family Life group, Women's and Altar Guild.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consists of certificate of incorporation, vital statistics records, service registers, vestry records, church committee records, worship records, parish organizations records, parish publications, historical reference material, and non-textual records. Includes certificate of incorporation (1978); Parish registers including Baptism registers (1910-1943), Baptismal register (1943-1967), Confirmations registers (1913-1945), Marriage registers (1911-1943), Banns of marriage register (1947-1988), Civil marriage registers (1920-1983), Marriage certificates [ca 1922-1980], Burial registers (1912-1949); Service registers (1910-1929, 1930-1990); vestry minutes and reports (1910-1959, 1966-1982, 1984-1988, 1999), elections and appointments (1972-1986), statistical information (1971-1985), financial statements (1978-1979, 1982-1986); committee minutes together with monthly and annual reports (1910-1986) and parish council minutes (1987-1993), financial records (1912-1924, 1938-1951), various committee minutes (1974-1992); worship committee minutes (1985-1990) together with Pew leaflets (1980-1994); A.Y.P.A correspondence (1929-1959) and minutes (1926-1930), Men's Club minutes (1929-1934), Women's Guild minutes books (1932-1989), Women's Auxiliary minutes (1912-1980), Girl's Auxiliary minutes (1948-1964), Church School committee minutes (1980-1987); issues of various news letters and parish magazines [ca.1976-2000]; manuscript historical notes and printed documentation; graphic material.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Guide #:

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Algemene aantekening

Title based on fonds contents.
Parish registers include: baptisms (1910-1943), confirmations (1913-1945), marriages (1911-1943), burials (1912-1945).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54

Alpha-numeric designations

Inmagic identifier: 1720

Conservation

y

Conservation

Service register (1910-1929) is stained and binding and cover in poor condition; 16 photographs taped underneath plastic in scrapbook.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres

Fysieke opslag

  • Doos: D237
  • Doos: D238
  • Doos: D239
  • Doos: D240
  • Doos: D241
  • Doos: D242
  • Doos: D349
  • Doos: D350
  • Doos: D351
  • Doos: D352
  • Doos: D364
  • Doos: D364a