Fonds F-219.01 - St. Alban's Parish (Ashcroft, B.C.) fonds

St. Christopher's Parish (Clinton, B.C.) records.
Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Alban's Parish (Ashcroft, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Architectural drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AADC F-219.01

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1891-1990 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Alban's Parish (Ashcroft, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

45.0 cm of text.
4 architectural records.
1 map.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1891-)

Administrative history

St. Alban's Church opened in 1891. Ashcroft was established as a separate parish by 1892, having previously been a part of the Kamloops Missionary District. Initially the parish included Nicola, Clinton and Revelstoke in its ministry. Around 1896 Revelstoke was made into a separate charge. The parish has embraced various other communities in its ministry through the years. By 1950 the parishes of Ashcroft and Clinton, with associated points, had been joined together. By 1963 they were again separate, although until ca. 1975, when Clinton was transferred to 100 Mile House Mission, they were mostly served by one priest. During the 1970's St. Alban's, Ashcroft also became responsible for the new congregation at Logan Lake and for St. John at the Latin Gate Church, Cornwall and the Toketi congregation which were previously under the Shulus Indian Mission. By 1987 Logan Lake had become a separate ministry while St. Christopher, Clinton had been placed again under Ashcroft. The parish currently includes Cornwall, Toketi and Clinton.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Consists of records of St. Alban's, Ashcroft, including associated points in the parish, and records of St. Christopher's, Clinton, with its associated points.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Alpha-numeric designations: Inmagic identifier: 1506
General note: Title based on fonds contents.
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54
Conservation: See records of constituent congregations for physical condition details.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres