Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Catherine's Parish (Port Coquitlam, B.C.) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- St. Catherine's Parish (Port Coquitlam, B.C.)
Physical description area
70 cm of textual records
2 microfilm reels
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Regular services began in Port Coquitlam in 1905 in connection with the parish of St. John the Divine, Maple Ridge. A church was opened in 1909 and the parish of St. Catherine, Port Coquitlam was formed in 1911. Until the early 1960's the parish included the Pitt Meadows congregation and during the 1920's and 1940's the parish was also linked with Port Moody and Ioco.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of: parish registers (Baptismal 1911-1949/1959-1964, Confirmation 1913-1979, Marriage 1912-1968, Burial 1914-1981), Baptismal register (1949-1959), Civil Marriage registers (1934-1982), Service registers (1906-1995), Parish Profile (1993), Vestry minutes (1914-1997), reports (1963-1995), financial records (1922-1997), and property/buildings/equipment records (1951-1991), Church Committee minutes & agendas (1914-1997) and correspondence (1955-1973), Altar Guild records (1962-1995), Clergy salary/benefits records (1986-1994), Pew Bulletins (1956-1996), Brotherhood of Anglican Churchmen records (1958-1963), St. Catherine's Church Guild minutes (1951-1963), miscellaneous historical material, architectural plans, photographs, and microfilm reels.
Includes Pitt Meadows.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
All records are subject to BC Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA).
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
File list available.
See also Pitt Meadows, St. Columba.
Alpha-numeric designations: Inmagic identifier: 1741
General note: Title based on fonds contents.
Parish register includes: baptisms (1911-1949), confirmations (1913, 1923-1962), marriages (1912-1957), burials (1914-1966), parish history (1913, 1928-1935).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54
Data entry by: LF
Conservation: Service registers in poor condition; minute books (1919-1934, 1942-1954) have poor bindings.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description
Script of description
Digital object metadata