St. George's Parish (Fort Langley, Langley, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. George's Parish (Fort Langley, Langley, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • St. George, Fort Langley

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1901-

History

St. George's Church opened in 1901 in Fort Langley as the second church in the parish of Langley; St. Alban's, Otter having been opened in 1890 at Milner. St. Andrew's Church opened in 1922 in Langley Prairie and came to be the centre of Langley parish. In 1954 St. George's, Fort Langley became a separate parish. St. Margaret's, Bradner and the Glen Valley congregation were also served from Fort Langley until about 1963. From 1973 to 1986, St. George's was part of Four Saints Parish, a team ministry parish. After the dissolution of the team ministry, St. George's was paired with St. Andrew's until 1987. Since 1987 St. George's has continued as a separate parish.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

A-350

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places