St. Mary's Parish (South Hill, Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Mary's Parish (South Hill, Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

  • Bishop Hills Memorial Church of St. Mary the Virgin

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence



St. Mary's, South Hill was established in 1910 after being separated from St. Luke's Parish. The parish church's full name is Bishop Hills Memorial Church of St. Mary the Virgin. The first service were held on March 19, 1911. The new church was opened and consecrated as a memorial to the first bishop of B.C. on December 20, 1914, with a new nave built in 1924. The church was consecrated in 1952 with the dedication of a new hall following in 1955.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places