Fonds F-376 - St. Oswald's Parish (Port Kells, Surrey, B.C.) fonds

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Oswald's Parish (Port Kells, Surrey, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AADNW F-376

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1911-2001 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Oswald's Parish (Port Kells, Surrey, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

20.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1911-)

Administrative history

St. Oswald's, Port Kells opened ca. 1911 in connection with the new parish of St. Helen's, South Westminster. By 1921 and until 1932 Port Kells was served from the parish of Langley. During the remainder of the 1930's the congregation was connected again with St. Helen's, South Westminster together with Cloverdale and Latimer Heights. By the 1940's and until 1960 Port Kells was incorporated into the parish of North Surrey (renamed parish of Mid-Surrey in 1959) which included Cloverdale, Surrey Centre and Latimer Heights. By 1961 the parish of Mid-Surrey had been subdivided into three, leaving Port Kells paired with the Church of the Good Shepherd, Latimer Heights. The latter closed in 1964 while Port Kells was transferred to the care of St. George's, Fort Langley. By 1973 it was associated with the Church of the Redeemer, Cloverdale which in 1973 amalgamated with Christ Church, Surrey Centre. St. Oswald's continued as part of this new entity until 1988 when it received its own incumbent.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish register, service registers (1911-1973), vestry and parish council records (1953-1986), correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records, membership lists and women's organizations records.
Includes Langley, St. Andrew. Parish register includes: baptisms (1911-1983), confirmations (1933-1983), marriages (1930-1980), burials (1917-1983).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

All records are subject to British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available.

Associated materials

See also Langley, St. Andrew; Langley, St. George, Fort George; Surrey, Christ the Redeemer; Surrey, St. Helen, South Westminster.

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Alpha-numeric designations: Inmagic identifier: 1717
General note: Title based on fonds contents.
Parish register includes: baptisms (1911-1983), confirmations (1933-1983), marriages (1930-1980), burials (1917-1983).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54
Conservation: changebill
y
Conservation: Parish register has weak binding; service register (1911-1955) in poor condition.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area