Fonds F-360.1 - St. Richard's Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Open original Digital object

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Richard's Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

AADNW F-360.1

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1951-2009 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Richard's Parish (North Vancouver, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1m textual record
8 photographs
1 architectural plan

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1949-2009)

Administrative history

Begun as a mission church of St. John the Evangelist, North Vancouver, the church of St. Richard was built by the people under the direction of the Rev. Charles Bishop in 1950. It was dedicated and opened March 16, 1951 and soon the Sunday School was running a double shift and all parish organizations were in full swing. Named for St. Richard of Chichester, a stone was inset at the centre of the altar in the shape of a triangle and was presented by the Dean of the Chapter of Chichester Cathedral and was taken from the floor of the church where St. Chichester was Bishop in the year 1245. By 1953 the loans for the church were all paid and plans made for an extension. By 1958 they were self-supporting and no longer a mission church of St. John's. In 1963 the parish was incorporated and approved with set boundaries, later to be consecrated in 1975. The parish ceased its operations and closed in 2009 (??)

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish records including consecration and dedication records; parish vital statistics registers, service registers, church committee minutes, annual vestry minutes and reports, correspondence, service leaflets, parish newsletters, visitors books, parish histories, committee and sub-committee records and financial records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

2 microfilm reels

Restrictions on access

All records are subject to British Columbia Personal Information Protection Act.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

No fonds-level description for this fonds existed in legacy Inmagic Database or in the Guide to archives, so one was created and the number F-360.1/A-360.1 assigned.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres