Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Thomas' Parish (Chilliwack, B.C.) fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- St. Thomas' Parish (Chilliwack, B.C.)
Physical description area
85.0 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Established in 1873, St. Thomas' Church had been moved from its original location at Port Douglas where it had been erected in 1862 with the name St. Mark. From 1971 to 1987, St. Thomas was part of Fraser-Cheam Parish, a team ministry parish.
Scope and content
Parish registers (1901-1961; confirmations, 1901-1921 were entered in 1922), baptism registers (1873-1940), banns register (1945-1947, 1963-1988), marriage register (1880-1933), civil registers (1933-1978), burial registers (1880-1922, 1934-1942), service registers (1873-1874, 1878-1968), vestry and parish council records (1878-1971), correspondence, reports, architectural records, legal records, financial records, cemetery records, women's organizations records, histories, manuscripts, notes, clippings, printed material, poster, cartographic records.
Includes All Sappers Chapel; Cultus Lake; Laidlaw. Also includes petition to consecrate church (1873); service register (1895-1910) also includes journal entries (1898-1909) of Archdeacon Richard Small concerning his ministry among the Indians at Chilliwack.
Also includes the records of the Chilliwack Cemetery prior to its sale in 2013.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Microfilm copies of parish, baptism, burial, marriage and civil registers available as well as service register (1895-1910).
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
See also Chilliwack, Fraser-Cheam Parish.
Alpha-numeric designations: Inmagic identifier: 1757
General note: Title based on fonds contents.
Parish registers include: baptisms (1931, 1940-1961), confirmations (1901-1961), marriages (1935-1957), burials (1922- 1934, 1943-1961).
General note: Vestry and church committee minute book (1878-1901) also includes baptisms (1873-1882) and marriages (1880-1882) which were transcribed, with some errors, in baptismal and marriage registers respectively; and services (1873-1874, 1878-1882?).
Data entry data: 30/05/1997 13:54
Conservation: Maps are folded and quite worn, located in D271.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Language of description
Script of description
Digital object metadata